It’s Monday morning. Your alarm goes off, and you roll out of bed. You flip on the lights, and a familiar thought rolls through your mind: “What should I wear to work?” And then you groan, partly because you’re still half asleep and partly because you have no idea what to wear!
But fear not! For 2015, make it a resolution to never ask yourself that question and fill your closet with stylish Muslim clothing. Here are five of our favorite looks for the upcoming year:
- Classic button-downs. This style is a classic for a reason. Button-downs and Oxford shirts come in a variety of colors, are great for layering and match almost anything. They are light enough for an air-conditioned office in the summer, or pair one with a sweater for extra warmth in the winter.
- Trendy tunics. For more casual offices, tunics can be a fun alternative to stuffy business-wear. Tunics, a staple for one’s Islamic clothing wardrobe, are modest and stylish enough for everyday wear at the office and then dinner after work. Try the Clara Long Safari Buttondown Tunic for a confident, professional look.
- A sensible skirt. Skirts are dressy, but don’t require the commitment a dress does. Pair a long, maxi-length skirt with your favorite top or tunic. We suggest the Elisa Black Cotton Long Maxi Skirt; the flattering A-line and understated simplicity make it appropriate for any day of the week!
- A layer-friendly sweater. Offices and workplaces can be unpredictable when it comes to climate. Hot in the winter? Cold in the summer? Who knows. For the cold days, keep a sweater on hand to beat the chill. The Alexa Hooded Cardigan is perfect for laying in any season! (Plus, it hits at the hip, making it a perfect part of a Muslim clothing wardrobe!)
- Something for casual Friday. Embrace TGIF! If your workplace does casual Friday, make sure you have something that’s comfortable, casual and still professional. We recommend a fun top, like the Samara Leopard Print Tunic Dress or one of our many other jersey knit tops. But remember, even if it’s casual Friday, be sure to still look polished and presentable!